Today, on this special day of appreciation for lions, please help me to spread awareness by relaying these fun lion facts to your friends, and reading three ways that you can help to protect lions. Enjoy!
Lion fun facts:
- Despite being known as the ‘king of the jungle’, most lions actually live in the savannah or grasslands, with the exception of just one population of wild forest-dwelling lions, in Gir Forest National Park, India.
- An adult male’s roar can be heard up to 8km away, and is used to mark their territory so that no other lions will invade their space
- Lions can leap as far as 36 feet in one go
How can you help to save lions?
- One of the main things that you can do to help save lions is spreading awareness about their rapidly decreasing numbers. Tell your family and friends that they are under threat and need protection, never go anywhere that offers cub petting, and
- Adopt your own lion to support the work that conservation organisations are doing to protect lions in the wild, whilst receiving updates and information about your lion.